Infection Control Statement
This annual statement will summarise:
- Any infection transmission incidents and any action taken (these will have been reported in accordance with our Significant Events Procedure)
- Details of any infection control audits undertaken and any actions arising
- Details of staff training
- Any review and update of policies, procedures and guidelines
Swallowfield Medical Practice Leads for Infection Control are Dr Lucy Dugmore and Sister Julia Bourne.
There have been no significant incidents in 2016.
An infection control audit was undertaken in May 2016 by Michaela Hooper, Sister Julia Bourne and Sister Anne Pragnell.
- Remove pillowcases on pillows and replace with wipeable option
- Replace taps in dispensary and kitchen area
- Replace patient chairs with wipeable material – included in ongoing business plan
- Wall mounted hand gel/soap dispensers to be provided in dispensary
- Recover/Replace footstool from Treatment room 1
All new staff will receive infection control training as part of their induction programme
Policies and Procedures
Policies are reviewed annually but will be amended on an on-going basis as current advice changes or the need arises.